Elastic Therapeutic tape with an acrylic adhesive that is used with the intent of treating pain and disability from athletic injuries and a variety of other physical disorders and various pains like knee, shoulder, ankle and wrist etc. It gives support and stability to your joints and muscles without affecting circulations and range of motion. Kinesio taping used to facilitate motion and inhibit pain and spasm. It is also used for oedema. Visit Rid Of Pain Physiotherapy for kinesio taping in gurgaon
It was first used by acupuncturists and chiropractors in Japan in the 1990s, nowadays kinesiology tape is used throughout the world by various health professionals to prevent and treat injuries and pain. Kinesio Taping is a therapeutic tool used to treat pain in physiotherapy centres. Since it became a therapeutic module it is used in pain management, soft tissue injury, tissue and joints malalignment, oedema etc.
Kinesio Tape contains 100% cotton and elastic fibres or it is made of polyester and cotton with elastic fibres. The tape is applied to the paper backing with the use of an acrylic adhesive and with 10-15% stretch. This much stretch is used with some Kinesio Taping techniques and is defined as “paper off tension”.
Other features of Kinesio Tape include:
- It can stretch to 120-140% of its original length
- It Recoils back to the anchor that is applied without stretch
- It is hypoallergenic dyes that make the tape safe for use
- It is Latex-free
- It Dries within 5-10 minutes after being wet.
- It Can be worn for a few days
- It is a dynamic tape which means there is no movement restriction after the application of tape.
- It’s breathable for the skin
How to apply Kinesiotape:
- Always apply tape in a stretched position
- Never give stretch at the anchor or end of the tape and these parts should be applied outside the treatment zone.
- Always round the edges of the Kinesio tape
- After application rubs the tape to activate the adhesion.
Benefits of Kinesio taping in gurgaon:
- It improves blood flow
- It improves the slide and glide between tissue layers
- It increases muscle contraction
- It improves proprioception
- It increases lymphatic drainage
- It stabilizes the joint
- It facilitates or inhibits the muscle
- It reduces swelling and bruising
- It decreases the perception of pain.
- It mobilizes the scar
the principle behind use:
When kinesiotape is applied to the skin, its elasticity forms convolutions and wrinkles. This decompresses the tissue directly under the skin. This improves circulation.
Uses of Kinesio taping in gurgaon:
- Muscle pain or tightness(inhibits/contracts)
- Joint pain (knee, ankle, shoulder)
- Joint instability (ankle sprain, post shoulder dislocation)
- Increase range of motion in restricted joint
- Poor posture (can assist by holding you in proper posture)
- Inflammation or bruising (blood flow and helps fluid drainage)
FAVOURABLE conditions TO KINESIO TAPING:
- Shin splints
- Plantar fasciitis
- Golfer’s and Tennis elbow
- Swimmer’s shoulder
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Runner’s knee
- Ankle sprains
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Muscle strains and tears
- Joint inflammation
- Shoulder joint dislocation
- Sports injuries
- Postural imbalance
- Weak muscle
- Overactive muscle
- It maintains the range of motion without any restriction
- It’s soothing for the eyes and fashionable too as it is colourful
- Skin breaths under the tape
Although there is no harm with the kinesiotape, sometimes it can give slight problems too. It can give mild irritation to the skin